Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paper Towns by John Green

3/100 books read!
So today was an absolutely gorrrrrgeous day outside, so I set up a little spot in the backyard to get my tan on. While tanning I decided to work on my reading goal. I started and finished Paper Towns by John Green today. 

With my sidekick Gracie I read the book in about 8 hours or so. It was just okay. It was one of those books that are just made to be read while poolside... or grass-side in this case. I had already read Looking for Alaska by John Green before and I think that's why I didn't enjoy this story as much. He has a very distinct character type: a shy boy who is kind but safe who always is totally and completely obsessed with the absolutely gorgeous throw-caution-to-the-wind girl who will never really be able to love him back because they are so different.

Pros: It gives you some interesting things to think about and is insightful about humanity.
Con: He just needed to ditch all the side stories about Quentin's friends. They feel forced and take away from some beautiful aspects in my opinion.

Best part is this gave me the reading bug and I hope to read tons and tons now I'm free for summer! If you have any suggestions send them right on my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment